An owner of a new restaurant in the Madison, Wisconsin area was looking for the perfect flooring system for his new restaurant and bar space.
Food, beverage and restaurant/bar facilities are notoriously hard on their floors.
The client was looking for a floor that was:
- easy to maintain
- unique and cost effective.
This lead the client to partner with Floorcare USA and to selecting Polished Concrete for their new flooring system in their Restaurant and Bar.
Specific reasons why this Madison, Wisconsin business owner selected polished concrete floors included:
- Cost savings: Traditional floor covering materials are not necessary when the slab on grade is used as the finished floor surface
- Longer life-cycle savings: Polished floors are not as vulnerable to damage as other materials and do not need replacing
- Easy to clean: Won’t harbor dust, dirt, allergens
- Available in wide variety of colors and designs
- More resistant to high foot traffic.
- A grocer in Tennessee explains that he is able to maintain primarily just the traffic ways within his store, which saves time and money because he does not have to move large display cases to wax and strip the floor.
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping.
- They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them.
- The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and staining from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
- Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives.
Because polishing is a multi-step process, homeowners and business owners can choose the level of sheen from stain to high-gloss that meets their maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring material for a variety of applications.
The most common places polished concrete is used include:
- Large warehouses and warehouse outlets with concrete
- Retail stores with concrete
- Hotels and restaurants with concrete
- Office buildings with concrete
- Auto showrooms with concrete
- Private residences with concrete
On this particular Polished Concrete project the client also wanted to integrate some decorative design elements and Floorcare USA assisted in applying different concrete dye/stain colors, geometric shapes and decorative score cuts to really make the floors stand out.
As a final decorative element, Floorcare USA used a decorative diamond score cut system to install a floor compass into the concrete to really make a statement.
This Madison, Wisconsin bar owner has a polished concrete that not only offers terrific performance and value, it’s a work of art!
Floorcare USA is based in Waukesha, Wisconsin and has a strong client base in Waukesha, Milwaukee, Madison, Southeastern Wisconsin, Northern Illinois and Chicago. But our name includes “USA” for a good reason. Our company travels across the United States providing long term quality floor coating solutions that make sense for business.
To see more From Floorcare USA take a look at our huge showcase.
Polished Concrete Floors | Industrial Concrete Floors | Decorative Concrete Floors